When it comes to WCB coverage, ride share owner/operators are treated like other owner/operators in the taxi industry in Manitoba (Industry Classification 503-08 Taxi Services).

Individual Ride Share Owner/Operator – No Employees

If you are a ride share driver, operating your own vehicle, and not employed by a ride share company, you are considered an independent contractor (just like the owner of a taxi cab). You are eligible to purchase Personal Coverage from the WCB.

Learn more about Personal Coverage


Hiring Ride Share Drivers

If you hire drivers to work for a ride sharing service, you are required to provide workers compensation coverage for your employees.

Apply for WCB coverage.


Contact Us

If you have questions about ride sharing and workers compensation, call the WCB’s Assessment Services at (204) 954-4505 or toll-free at 1-855-954-4321.


Learn More

Personal Coverage

Apply for WCB Coverage

Industry Classification for Taxi Services

Contact Assessment Services