The WCB offers free one-day training workshops for employers on Return to Work Basics and WCB Basics. The training is targeted at:
- Safety officers
- Lead hands
- HR professionals
- Disability coordinators
- Return to Work coordinators
- WS&H Committee Members or
- Anyone directly involved in the Return to Work of an injured worker.
It is recommended - but not mandatory - that the two courses be taken together.
Return to Work Basics
An effective Return to Work program can help injured workers and their workplaces recover more quickly.
Building on what you learned in WCB Basics, the Return to Work Basics workshop will help you gain an understanding of the basic components and best practices to develop or enhance your workplace Return to Work program. We will demonstrate how an effective Return to Work program supports injured workers in their return to meaningful work.
Employers will also learn:
- how to save money by developing a Return to Work program that could decrease your WCB premiums and extended health coverage costs
- how to reduce productivity loss to stay more competitive in your industry
- how to attract and retain good employees by becoming "an employer of choice."
The WCB Basics workshop will help you get a better understanding of how the WCB operates and your role in the workers compensation system.
In this overview you'll learn about reporting injuries, decision-making, rate setting, dispute resolution, claims management, WCB benefits and reasons why it's important to develop a Return to Work program.
Return to Work Basics - June 20, September 19, October 17, November 21
WCB Basics - June 19, August 21, September 18, October 16, November 20
For more information or to register for one of these sessions, call 204-954-4142 or toll free 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4142.
- Please note: workshops are subject to cancellation due to low registration.
- Please register no later than two weeks prior to a workshop date to ensure that a workshop proceeds.
For SAFE Work Manitoba workshops, visit the SAFE Work Manitoba site.The calendar below is temporarily out of service. To register for a workshop, go to the WCB's workshop listing on Evenbrite or call 204-954-4142.