This policy establishes:
- the minimum amount under subsections 38(5) and 42(9), above which a lump sum may be converted to an annuity;
- the minimum amount under subsection 42(7), below which an accumulated retirement benefit will be paid as a lump sum;
- the interest rate at which retirement annuity contributions will earn interest;
- the method of annually reporting the accumulated value of a retirement annuity;
- the minimum amount required to be eligible for independent financial advice under subsection 36(3);
- the maximum fee payable for financial advice under subsection 36(3); and
- criteria for selecting persons who may provide independent financial advice.